Many people have Frequently Asked Questions about Thai Yoga Massage and what they can expect when receiving a treatment. Here you'll find answers to many of these questions along with additional details.
|Hours by Appointment|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I need to be extremely flexible or have yoga experience for a Thai Yoga session?
- How should I prepare myself for a Thai Therapy session?
- What should I do during my Thai Massage treatment?
- What can Thai Massage Therapy do for me?
- How often should I receive Thai Massage treatments?
- Is Thai Massage for everyone?
- Why do I need to fill out a health intake form?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- How do I order a gift certificate?
For more information or to schedule a therapeutic treatment, please call (262) 515-7035
- Do I need to be extremely flexible or have yoga experience for a Thai Massage session? You do not need to be unusually flexible or familiar with yoga. The purpose of treatment is to help increase your flexibility through a series of warm-ups, gentle palm and thumb pressure, rocking, and yoga-type positions. A skilled Thai Practitioner can feel your range of motion and knows just how far to take you through various positions, moving and positioning you safely within your comfort level.
- How should I prepare myself for a Thai Therapy session? Wear comfortable clothing that will move with you, such as long light-weight slacks, sweats or cotton materials. It is recommended that you remove all jewelry (small earrings are ok). Avoid having a large meal just prior to treatment. For further details, call (262) 515-7035.
- What should I do during my Thai Massage treatment? As with any massage treatment, make yourself comfortable. Close your eyes. Let out all the tension by taking a deep breath. This is your time to unwind. During a Thai session, you may occasionally be instructed to change position, take deep breathes or grasp the therapist's hands or arms for certain postures. Let your therapist know if at any time a posture is uncomfortable.
- What can Thai Massage Therapy do for me? A Thai Massage session can be a truly healing experience often relieving aches and pains associated with stiff joints, muscle tension and soreness. Treatment can help increase your flexibility and provide stress reduction and an overall sense of well-being. View detailed benefits.
- How often should I receive Thai massage treatments? For optimal soft tissue and joint health, a monthly 90-minute treatment is recommended. Depending on your specific needs, your therapist may recommend more frequent visits to help address problem areas.
- Is Thai Massage for everyone? Not all forms of massage therapy and bodywork are suitable for people with certain health conditions. It is always best to inform your primary healthcare provider that you plan to receive massage therapy. Modifications can often be made to allow for a safe and therapeutic treatment. If you have questions or concerns before scheduling a treatment, please call 262-515-7035.
- Why do I need to fill out a health intake form? A health history lets your massage therapist decide what type of positions, techniques and pressure to use or areas to avoid, providing the best and safest treatment. The massage session will be modified to your individual needs. Please let your therapist know if there are any changes to this initial information.
- Do you accept credit cards? Discover, AMEX, VISA and MasterCard are accepted. You can also make payment by cash or check ($35 NSF Fee). Please see cancellation policy.
- How do I order a gift certificate? Call (262) 515-7035 to make arrangements for payment, delivery, pickup or online ordering.